Saturday, February 09, 2008

Eastern Europe

A hearty welcome to today's first visitors from Croatia and Turkey.

A few weeks ago I had three guests over for dinner. All three had been to Turkey, so conversation flowed around Istanbul and Ephesus especially. My friend Jane R also was in Istanbul recently and has blogged about her adventures, sharing photos of her travels, including the ubiquitous cats of Istanbul.

The photo I just snaffled off a National Geographic site on the net shows the Old Town of Rovinj on the Istrian Coast in Croatia. Back in my UCLA days I listened with fascination as Professor Krekič lectured on medieval Balkan history. Just reading place names makes me want to go there.

The flag collection now numbers fifty-three.
--the BB

2 comments:

Fran said...

Turkey- no but I want to.
Croatia- yes when it was part of Yugoslavia. Dubrovnik before the war; although I understand it has been well restored.

Jane R's posts have been amazing.

Jane R said...

:-) Thanks.

More to come.