Saturday, December 29, 2007

On the fifth day of Christmas

Blogging may be a bit slow this weekend. I shall be picking up a house guest from the airport later tonight (yes, flight delays, etc.) and we anticipate being busy tomorrow. Sunday afternoon I will be heading up to Santa Fe with a chum and partying a bit there.

Play nicely with one another.

Be civil, but don't roll over and make nice with renegade bishops and other fundamental apertures. In fact, you may politely tell them where they can shove their miters, but you probably shouldn't. Jesus, being a carpenter and all, is probably selecting just the right 2x4 to whack them upside the head with, in which case miters become irrelevant. To paraphrase Nancy Reagan: Just say No to abuse!

I am looking at the moon through the mini-blinds right now. Hau, Hanwi!

Perhaps if you're very good, or I'm very naughty, I will tell you my little story of the Holy Innocents and the beartoons.

Time to log out for a while.
--the BB

8 comments:

Fran said...

Have fun! I want to fly into ABQ and come visit a part of the country that I love.

Don't worry, my sad finances and the need to find employment will keep me out of your hair for the moment.

Paul said...

That would be lovely! My finances and unemployment keep me from traveling about. But I do have a guest room and I do have laundry supplies, so it costs me little to house friends. They only have to tolerate great amounts of clutter (everywhere but the guest room and bath).

A tropical 30 degrees outside this morning.

Kirstin said...

Make nice with thugs? Not me.

Story? Please?

Have a great time with your company.

June Butler said...

Paul, have a lovely break from blogging. Enjoy!

If you're near a computer, I'll bet we hear from you anyway.

Jane R said...

Have fun, BB!

Fran said...

Yes - the story is needed. We've been good and you, well naughty yes- so tell us the story.

Beartoons? You think you can say that and leave us hanging?

Paul said...

I bow to the pleas and will tell the story, but you may not forgive me after I do. Had to do some sketching and still need to scan before posting. We need graphics for this.

Fran said...

Forgive you? Always my friend, always. As we are indeed forgiven.

That comes freely if we have learned everything... it is our lame ability in how we appropriate what has been given to us with such astounding generosity I think.

Therefore, bring it on my friend, bring it on!

Beartoons... this one I must hear.