Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thursday Constitution Blogging

This one's for you Senate Majority Leader and Madame Speaker:

Article. VI.

Clause 3:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

That, like the presidential oath, lies at the core of their duties. Whatever else the members of the House and Senate are supposed to do, and they have many critical things they are supposed to do, the preeminent responsibility is to support the Constitution of the United States of America.

I wish they’d get off their asses and start doing it.

UPDATE at 11:51 p.m.:
Jane at Firedoglake has some pertinent comments.
Well you know, the way to not "step on the message" of bipartisan unity is also for the fucking Republicans to join them in voting for the criminal contempt citations, but everyone knows that's not going to happen. Because Republicans don't do that.

Can someone explain to me how "bipartisan" ever means anything but giving the wingnuts what they want so they don't pitch a bitch in the corner?

Hell, just go read the context and try not to puke (and good luck with that).

Yes, I'm having whatever the disgust equivalent of a hissyfit is today. As a body the congressional Dems come across as a pack of tiny dogs that yap a lot but never bite, annoy the hell out of everyone, and wet themselves if you say "boo!." I feel like firing the lot of them. They need a serious "come to Jesus" talk and it's up to Us the People to give it to them.

[I know, I'm tarring them all with one brush: a sign of serious frustration.]
—the BB

2 comments:

June Butler said...

Paul, I called Sen. Mary Landrieu's office. Does that make you feel a little less angry? It probably shouldn't.

Paul said...

Grandmère, it makes me happy that a friend has joined me and many others in making our voices heard. If enough of us speak up, they will eventually hear. It just takes lots of us, each doing our duty as citizens.

I have not toured the political blogs yet today, and MP's episcopal visit seems to have gone well, so I am in a much better mood today. So far. I am sure some stupid, deceitful, or vile word or action in DC will set me off before the day is over. Or, with an even higher likelihood, I will get upset over my own folly or sin. There you have it.