Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A phony milestone

This blog has acrually been around since November 18. 2004. It was quite a while before I added a site meter. It seemed to cease working and it was quite a while before I then did something about it. Finally I launched a new, still free, site meter, last October.

This evening while I was off at Russian class at UNM we had the ten thousandth page view since that meter began clicking y'all off (which is so much nicer than ticking y'all off). That's not the total of unique visitors or anything, and it really has nothing to do with visits since the inception of the blog.

Which makes me wonder why I am bothering to mention it. Guess it's that turning of the odometer thing; you can't help noticing.

Well, in any case, ten thousand thanks for all the cool peeps who drop by. Those of you who return more than once are especially sweet.
--the BB

2 comments:

Fran said...

My dear friend Paul-

Blogging has been such a gift in my life. I have met so many bright, wise, fierce, faithful, good people this way.

Sadly my time of late has become quite compromised.

That said, there are a few blogs that I do actually visit every single day. Yours is one of them.

You work hard to get all this content out here and I so appreciate that you do that.

Thank you my brother.

Padre Mickey said...

¡Felicidades!