Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Almost recovered

Katherine Palace at Tsarskoye Selo, Russia

Most of the software is reinstalled. Most of the archived files are restored. There is hope.
Slava Bogu! (Thanks be to God)

Update:
There were losses (I knew there would be). I had not backed up everything, just most things. Most of my photo files are intact. Some I need to copy once again from my old PC to my laptop. My novel and everything related to the fiction writing is safe (that is backed up multiply on general principles). Genealogy files, liturgical resources, poetry, journals, recipes, financial records, etc. are all fine.

I lost all the music I had copied onto the computer and all my archived mail from the last year. Life will go on. It does, you know. Thanks for the sympathy, gang!
--the BB

No comments: