Saturday, January 12, 2008

Vivat Bohemia!

And this afternoon a visitor from the Czech Republic joins us. Welcome.
I recall how dismayed I was when the glorious hopes of the Prague Spring in 1968 were crushed. I bought a small (3x5 inch) Czech flag and I think I still may have it somewhere. It used to sit in my pencil holder where I could see it and yearn for the Czech people to govern themselves freely again. Eventually the day came.

One side of my ex's family came from that part of the world, so I bless the soil of Bohemia for that.

Who's next? Any predictions?
--the BB

3 comments:

Jane R said...

Have you had China and the Philippines yet? If not, one of them is coming soon.

Paul said...

Not yet, Contessa. I will be on the lookout.

Fran said...

China - that would be a catch. I have had Philippines but no China!

If you have not been to the Czech Republic and to Prague specifically, do try and go should the opportunity present itself. A very fine place indeed!

My prediction for who is next... Have you had India? Indonesia? Israel? I am stuck in the I's...