Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hauling myself into the shop

Actually, it's not even a check-up. Just taking my bronchitic self in to the doc's early tomorrow morning so as to get my lungs (and sinuses) all healthy again. I wouldn't bother a physician with a viral cold but I know my body well enough to recognize inimical bacteria at work.

To bed now (after Russian class and the tail end of a family dinner). Won't be back blogging until later in the morning.

I hereby dispense myself from Lenten reflections for Tuesday - and Tuesday prayer blogging. There are prayers enough scattered about this place and news of two deaths of people I love in one day is Lent enough.

Behave yourselves and no unseemly squabbling between Clinton and Obama camps, OK?
--the BB

11 comments:

Fran said...

Oh Paul - prayers of healing and light to you my friend. You don't feel well, you've had deaths to deal with and then you are living in, bearing witness to and writing profoundly and prolifically about this dark chapter in our nation and world.

Take some time off please.

God bless you dear brother- all the prayers you have put out into the world now come back to you a hundred fold and more.

Healing - peace - consolation - restoration to you, in HIs name. Amen. (this is why I don't write many prayers!!)

Paul said...

Fran, you write them beautifully because you pray them from your heart. Thanks.

Kirstin said...

Heal well and quickly. You are loved.

Fran said...

(((Paul)))

Ellie Finlay said...

I'm so very sorry for your losses, Paul.

May you be comforted.

Paul said...

Thanks, everyone. These are losses softened by time and distance (I have not seen Roselle in almost 40 years), but I appreciate them and me being held in many hearts.

Kirstin said...

(((((you)))))

Always, my friend.

Episcopollyanna said...

Take care of yourself. Oh dear, I'm so sorry for your losses on top of your health problems too.

I am also dealing with bronchitis; it's not fun. Please rest and get better soon. We need you back in the trenches fighting, Sir!

Paul said...

Fear not, Episcopollyanna, net impact is a slow day today. I've been fighting this crud for a week and you would hardly say the blogging has died down. Of course, I don't have much of a life in the eyes of many.... [wicked grin]

Jane R said...

Oooh, take care of yourself, sweetie. Sorry to come so late to the conversation. All day with visiting theological rock star from Botswana. May the Archangel Raphael, healer, spend extra time at your bedside!

Paul said...

Raphael is one of my favorites. Thanks. (My home chapel is dedicated to him)