Sunday, March 02, 2008

Yank their choke chains, folks!


Dear Friends,

I just signed a petition to urge my elected officials to say no to telecom immunity!

The Senate passed a FISA reform bill last week that not only falls short on adequately protecting Americans from warrantless surveillance — it also shamefully grants retroactive immunity to the telecommunications companies that may have aided the Bush administration’s illegal domestic wiretapping.

Join the effort to stop telecom immunity by signing the emergency petition at the link below.

http://www.pfaw.org/go/StopImmunity

Thank you very much for your help,
Paul (the BB)

Yes, it's one of those stupid form letters. But I DID add my names to the petition by PFAW.

I came to that petition by way of Nicole Belle's post at Crooks and Liars in which I learned that Rep. Silvestre Reyes is saying the House might approve a bill WITH telcom immunity.

We.

Must.

Stop.

This.

Want to contact your congresscritters? You can do it HERE.

I just sent an e-mail to Heather Wilson (NM-01). She is a Republican and a staunch Bush supporter, but that is no reason to let her off the hook when it comes to upholding the rule of law.

--the BB

No comments: