Sunday, March 02, 2008

Irresponsible son of a bitch - ah, the memories

Remember this from just over six years ago? Less than six months after 9/11/2001?

March 13, 2002

So I don’t know where he is. You know, I just don’t spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I’m more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.

Q But don’t you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won’t truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven’t heard much from him. And I wouldn’t necessarily say he’s at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don’t know where he is. I — I’ll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban. (h/t Joe)



Courtesy of John Amato at Crooks and Liars

Remember, under this "Commander in Chief" we let bin Laden escape from Tora Bora and siphoned our troops and resources from Afghanistan and the Pakistan border into Iraq, where al Qaeda was not operating (sure, it is now, thanks to GWB).

NEVER forget the damage this man has done.
--the BB

No comments: