Thursday, March 06, 2008

Just stop it!


I've said nice things about John Edwards here and about Obama. I have tried to stay out of the primary fray for the most part because I (1) want it over and (2) want to support a progressive Democrat in November. In fact, I'd pretty much promised myself just a few days ago to keep the primary mostly out of this space. But I really can't abide this shit any longer and am going to speak out. Some of my blog friends will disagree with me; they have their own blogs where they can make their own case.

WTF is Clinton doing?
“I think that since we now know Sen. (John) McCain will be the nominee for the Republican Party, national security will be front and center in this election. We all know that. And I think it’s imperative that each of us be able to demonstrate we can cross the commander-in-chief threshold,” the New York senator told reporters crowded into an infant’s bedroom-sized hotel conference room in Washington.

I believe that I’ve done that. Certainly, Sen. McCain has done that and you’ll have to ask Sen. Obama with respect to his candidacy,” she said.
[Emphasis mine]

Wow. "I'm like the Republican candidate; not too sure about my fellow Democrat."

Which party is she campaigning for?

I want a Dem candidate who distinguishes herself/himself from the Republicans. Forcefully.

She has now done this several times. It is a calculated statement. I, for one, think it is reprehensible to build up McCain's character at the expense of a fellow Democrat.

h/t for this particular quote to Hoffmania

Additionally, as Joe Sudbay pertinently notes:
When exactly did Hillary Clinton demonstrate that she was able to "cross the commander-in-chief threshold"? When she supported Bush by voting for the Iraq War? When she supported Bush (and Lieberman) on the Iran resolution last September (basically a carbon copy of the Iraq war resolution)?


I saw these videos at Americablog: (and here)





I look forward to the day when the United States has a woman president. Frankly, HRC is not the one I want to see in that role.
--the BB

1 comment:

Ellie Finlay said...

I've supported her - even contributed to her campaign. But I'm getting really disillusioned.