Sunday, March 02, 2008

Heart thread - 3/2/2008

A blessed Fourth Sunday in Lent to those on the Western church calendar and whatever day is appropriate for the rest of you - may it be a good one for you.

Padre Mickey, the wild man of Panamá, has put out a request on behalf of Ricardo "Ricky" Staple ("our favorite drummer") who is in hospital, and for Ricky's wife Marion who was also briefly in hospital.

Jane R has given us a link for updates on her colleague Jeff.

Diane has shared a heart-rendingly lovely musical video for a victim of domestic abuse.

FranIAm duly celebrated her house sale with Mimi and Tobias and James in NYC, so we are offering thanskgiving with her. [Follow the link to see photos.] She also left me a great comment on one of my political posts: "It's not the heat, it is the stupidity. " I love it!

My friend Oleta has put out a request. Her sister is critically ill and not expected to live. Oleta is keeping hospital vigil.
Please pray for Robbie, my sister, and her children to have some peace and healing through this awful time. And for me to be a healing presence to all of them. My own grief is profound.
I am staying home and recuperating today (playing hooky from church and work both).

Update:
Jane R adds this request in the thread below:
Thanks, and please pray for my parents and their friend Ruth, whose husband John died suddenly last night after a life well lived.
[I added the link to her post on Acts of Hope.]

A prayer from our friend Tandaina, one that evokes Hafiz for me:

Contentment
Did you notice?
The sun gets in your eyes,
it makes you squint, and tear
even as it warms your winter face
and raises roses in your frosted cheeks?

Did you notice?
That your heart longs,
for warm sunlight in darkness
and cool peaceful night when the sun
burns white hot across the world?

I noticed.
And I laughed, as the rain fell
and I cried as the sun shone
and I knew my heart would find no rest
until it learned to follow You, home.


--Tandaina

--the BB

2 comments:

Jane R said...

Thanks, and please pray for my parents and their friend Ruth, whose husband John died suddenly last night after a life well lived. (See Acts of Hope for part I obituary; part II will come once I have more information.)

Yay Fran for selling that house! And prayers for Ricardo and family...

Jane R said...

Thank you, dear, and of course I will pray for your family as well. Sorry to have forgotten to mention them above... I needed a nap, clearly...