Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Heart thread

I want to thank all those, here and at MP's, who have offered thoughts and prayers on behalf of Chuck and his family. I have no updates to offer but am very grateful for your love.

This morning I have two more requests from news I received late last night.

My sister Shirley's husband Jack has been hospitalized and tests are being done. He has been bleeding and received transfusions. Shirley is not very mobile and has depended on Jack.

A local friend's ex-husband has fallen and sustained brain trauma. His name is King. Their daughter and his second wife need prayers too. For privacy I am not adding their names, but you and God know enough to take it from there.

[I am losing track of time but it was almost ten years ago that my nephew, who was the contractor working on our deck, fell and suffered brain trauma. He survived with memory and personality intact, with some impairment of fine motor functions and loss of strength but otherwise quite whole. He is one of my best friends--and the person who drove me from California to New Mexico when I moved. I have solid ground for high hopes for King but this news did take me back to some terrifying memories.]

I thank God for virtual communities who offer real compassion and real prayer!
--the BB

5 comments:

Kirstin said...

Holding all of them, and you, in prayer, love, and hope.

(((((((you)))))))

June Butler said...

Oh, Paul, how sad. Prayers for Shirley and Jack and for King and his wife and daughter. And for you, too, Paul.

Fran said...

Many prayers for all- prayers for healing and wholeness.

Episcopollyanna said...

Just saw the update at the top of the page. Prayers for King and for your family. God bless.

episcopalifem said...

Prayers for all!