Thursday, February 21, 2008

Heart thread-multiple updates

Thanks to all who have offered prayers. Here is the latest information I have, along with a call for fervent prayer.

As of last night they were still trying to determine the extent of bleeding in King's brain and he may have ruptured his spleen. [Update: King has been moved to palliative care. Let us hold him in the light as he goes before us.]

My brother-in-law Jack evidently tore something internally when he took a fall a couple of weeks ago. It is near his spleen and they are working on scheduling surgery for today. He has received nine units of blood, so the blood loss has been quite severe.

Update 2:
Click on over to Fran's an offer prayers (perhaps more) for Kiara.

Update 3:
Dear Ones,

King died this evening. My friend (his ex-wife) sends her thanks for all your prayers. I know the family will continue to be held in love.

My brother-in-law Jack's heart rate was high today and surgery was postponed. Thanks for holding him before God.

Update 4 (Friday morning):
Little Sister writes: "Dr says no surgery until his heart rate and blood count stablizes. "  At this point Jack has received 14 units of blood.  They are pondering a more indirect but less invasive approach to surgery.  I will update here as I learn more.  Thank you all for continuing prayer.
--the BB

12 comments:

susankay said...

Paul -- Prayers continue. (and Molly quite approved of you)

Paul said...

Thank you. I enjoyed meeting all of you last night. I posted at MP's but your post had arrived there ahead of me.

Episcopollyanna said...

Oh my, prayers are on their way.

pj said...

From me as well.

June Butler said...

Oh, Paul, I am so sorry. Prayers for King. I don't know what to say, but may God hold him and his family close during the this time and fill them and surround them with love.

More prayers for Jack that the surgery goes well and that he is restored to health. May Shirley have God's peace.

episcopalifem said...

More prayers Paul for King and Jack.

I'm so sorry to hear about the gravity of King's condition!

Kirstin said...

Love and prayers, my friend.

BooCat said...

Prayers for all. God's peace and love to all.

susan s. said...

Prayers here too.

Paul said...

Dear Ones,

King died this evening. My friend (his ex-wife) sends her thanks for all your prayers. I know the family will continue to be held in love.

My brother-in-law Jack's heart rate was high today and surgery was postponed. Thanks for holding him before God.

Earthbound Spirit said...

((((Paul)))) Holding you and your dear ones in the light. Remember to take care of yourself, too.

episcopalifem said...

May King rest in the eternal peace of God's unending light....

Prayers of comfort for his ex-wife, and for you.

More prayers for Jack to stabilize.